Tuesday 29 January 2013

Strangers in Mid - Flight.

Nothing much has been happening here these past few days. No.2 son goes back to school on Thursday. This is his last year of High School, so we have been getting things ready, picking up school books, checking that his uniform still fits blah blah  blah. I hate this time of year because it is disastrously expensive.

The little turtle that dropped from the sky, whom we named Squirtle, was handed over to Wildlife rescue. They will release him/her somewhere safe. We were becoming quite attached to it. Another visitor dropped in. A large Dragonfly. I usually get rather small ones buzzing around the place, but this is definitely in the Sumo wrestler category.

It's quite a beauty.
 Sorcha is still slapping Baxter around. As he walked past her the other day, she just extended her paw and whopped him in the head. I think I like this girl!!

4 comments:

  1. Back to school was always expensive - new shoes the worst!
    Dragon flies are stunning. I love seeing them flit around the river where i sometimes walk with Dillon.
    I like Sorcha too though feel sorry for Baxter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to get decent school shoes here costs an arm and a leg. Thank goodness this is his last year. I love Dragon flies and I hope more of the gigantic ones drop in. They are so cool and not the least bit afraid of a mad woman heading towards them with a camera!!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing dragonflies skimming over water, their wings are beautiful. Glad to hear Squirtle is none the worse for his/her adventure. And Sorcha is definitely aiming for Top Dog status - poor Baxter! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been assured that Squirtle will be fine. As for Baxter, he has been toppled. I'm afraid his little man syndrome could become critical!

      Delete