Sunday 17 March 2013

Technological Rant.

It was all so simple. Just upgrade to Windows 8. What could possibly go wrong? I'll tell you what went wrong, I no longer have Internet Explorer. Pffft. Gone. The bloody thing won't work. Thank goodness I had another couple of web browsers on my PC before I upgraded. No great loss my darling No.2 son said. Well No.1 son got it for his university studies, ( guess who paid for it?) and he was allowed 2 downloads. Now I was more than happy with Windows 7, but you know what kids are like, they make it sound like you are a dinosaur if you don't "keep up".

Keep up, I know what I would like to do to the genius who designed my train wreck!! Even if I never used it, it still should damn well work. I paid good money. So with steam coming out of my ears after having stayed up till 1am Sunday morning, I rang No.1 son to see if he was having the same problems. Guess what? It is all working PERFECTLY for him!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!@#*

Excuse me while I go and have a very stiff drink.


6 comments:

  1. Yeh computers are great when they're all going good - but SUCH horrible frustrating bloody things when they go wrong!!! Enjoy that drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look on that chook's face says it all. Have a good rant !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who do I turn to when computers go wrong - DS of course. What would take me hours takes him seconds! It must be a son thing.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I feel your frustration - I hate it when the computer plays silly buggers, I don't have a clue how to fix stuff like that! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd, have TWO, darling!
    Technology gives me hives.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I have suitably calmed down. No.1 son says he will look at it when he next comes up. :)

    ReplyDelete