Monday 15 October 2012

End of a Love Affair.

I guess I am still in shock. My big boy Soba had been acting a bit strange these past weeks and last week we thought he had sprained his leg. I made an extra fuss of him, putting in extra soft blankets in his kennel and letting him sleep till late on the carpet at the back door. His leg began to swell and seemed to be getting more and more painful.
So off to the vet today, he was quite grumpy, as you would expect, but he was quite aggressive to anyone coming towards himself and me. He has always been very protective of me and I have always loved him to bits. So after some light sedation, an X-ray was taken and I was told he had aggresive sarcoma of the bone and even with pain medication, he would probably last at most - a month. So I had him put to sleep- no words can fully explain the loss I feel in my heart. It doesn't get any easier.
This is the fourth dog I've lost to age or sickness, not to mention the cats-all of whom died of old age.

I will miss my Soba dog, but I know he is sleeping peacefully now. We will all miss you boy.



4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I am so so sorry to hear about Soba.
    Pets are part of the family and losing them just breaks your heart. But what a happy and loved life he had with you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing. That's harsh.

    Grief is the price we pay for love.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete