Sunday 23 September 2012

The Laughing ball of Gorgeousness

We went for a lovely drive the other day just to get out and about. The town we visited is quite small and we decided to go for a stroll around the various streets -basically because I love looking at old houses and gardens. We decided to cut across a block, and down a lane and then we spotted a Kookaburra just sitting on a fence, not in the least worried about 3 nattering humans walking towards him. Well, 2 nattering humans and 1 blithering human because she had spotted the bird and was in awe because she had never got that close before!
The kookaburra laugh always makes me smile and I think they are so cute. It tolerated me oohing and aaahing like a kid. Hubby rolled his eyes and kept walking. Finally I got too close and off  he flew but my day was made, and spent the rest of the walk grinning like an idiot!
Kookaburra.

1 comment:

  1. Kookaburras sound so exotic to the likes of us Brits! My kids sing the "Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree" song at school, I was taught it at school too! xxx

    ReplyDelete