Wednesday 16 October 2013

Vanishing Act.

Brandi is a loopy cat. At night she sleeps on me, and when I used to move, she would jump off and run. Now, she just rolls with the movement and re-settles. Well that is if I am not too close to the edge of the bed and she falls off with a dull thud. I swear I can feel her disapproving stare through the darkness. I wait, she waits, then she launches herself at me and lands like a dead weight on me. Sigh! If that is not enough, she will then decide to sit at no.2 son's door and call to be let in. I must admit that I am impressed with her vocal range at 2am. Hubby just wants to lynch her.

Silent plotting.
The Evil Eye.
Lately she has decided that she can vanish by using the lace curtains as a cloak of invisibility. As far as I know she has not seen the Harry Potter movies. She 'hides' behind these curtains and waits for Ladybug to wander by and then pounces on her. She will 'hide' and stay absolutely still as I walk by calling out her name. Not a whisker twitches. The other day I burst her invisibility bubble. I knelt down and said "I know you are there Brandi, your invisibility cloak has a fatal flaw".
What fatal flaw?

I pulled up the curtain, and saw the look of absolute horror that she had been discovered. Mind you, she still does it.

10 comments:

  1. cats are funny, we would love to have a cat but both of us are allergic to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she can't see you, you can't see her. They all believe that. So cute and oh boy, is she gorgeous. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have much patience!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's adorable. Don't tease her, you meanie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You obviously have a lot more patience than hubby! I'm easily woken, so I don't think I could cope with a cat constantly settling and re-settling. I would get very little sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some nights I don't get much sleep, especially with both of them on me. :)

      Delete
  6. Bahahaha! She's a hilarious Pookie!!! I love the quirks of cats, my Peepers is quite the individual, but not as rampant as Brandi! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww half vanished though. Billy yowls loudly at night & Frankie is a silent presence. ( except when bringing in mice she wants to show off ! ) I sometimes feel my nights are just for letting cats in & out. Thank goodness Bramble sleeps over the road at neighbours !

    ReplyDelete